[bt-devel] Strong's translation count search result

Jim jdc.email at gmail.com
Wed Jan 4 09:40:28 MST 2006

I am planning on implementing a new search results feature related to
the Strong's Number search.

It is a Strong's translations count. For example a search for the
Strong's number H02287 would result in:  (for a visual, see "Example
Layout" at the bottom)
      All (62)        <-- user clicks All to see all verses related to
H02287
      feast (56)   <-- user clicks here to view all verses that
translate into "feast"
      sacrifice (3)   <-- user clicks here to view all verses that
translate into "sacrifice"
      feast days (2)   <-- user clicks here to view all verses that
translate into "feast days"
      solemnity (1)   <-- user clicks here to view the verse that
translate into "solemnity"

It would be very similar to the current search results.  Since the
search is a tabbed page this will be easy to add a new tab that formats
the results as above.  I will wait until Lee has converted the search
results to a Qt Designer form (or decided not too, whichever is the
case), this way I won't have to redo the widget layout.

The translations would show up in [Area - A].  When the user clicks an
item in [Area - A] the verses in [Area - B] will be updated to reflect
the selection in [Area - A].  Then, the user can select the verse in
[Area - B] and it will be displayed in [Area - C].  (this is exactly
like the current search result window).

Example Layout
| [Area - A]          | [Area - B]                 |
|                     |                            |
| All(62)             | list of verses             |
| feast(56)           | just like the current      |
| sacrifice(3)        | search results window      |
| feast days(2)       |                            |
| solemnity(1)        |                            |
|  [Area - C]                                      |
|  Bible text will be here just like the           |
|  current search results window                   |

I would like to get any comments or suggestions.

Thanks
Jim