[bt-devel] Installing i18n-1.6rc1

Wolfgang Stradner wolfgang_stradner at wycliffe.org
Wed Aug 30 07:16:39 MST 2006

Hi,

I removed biletime-i18n with synaptic and did the following installation
steps again:
I have bibletime-i18n-1.6rc1.tar.bz2 downloaded in home/wolfgang

In wolfgang at wolfgang:~$ I type:
tar jxf bibletime-i18n-1.6rc1.tar.bz2
cd bibletime-i18n-1.6rc1
./configure kde_htmldir=/usr/share/doc/kde/HTML --prefix=/usr
make
sudo checkinstall
answering the questions:

The package documentation directory ./doc-pak does not exist.
Should I create a default set of package docs?  [y]:
--> Answer with "n"

Please write a description for the package.
End your description with an empty line or EOF.
--> Entered bibletime

0 -  Maintainer: [ root at localhost.localdomain ]
1 -  Summary: [ Package created with checkinstall 1.5.3 ]
2 -  Name:    [ bibletime ]
3 -  Version: [ bibletime ]
4 -  Release: [ 1 ]
5 -  License: [ GPL ]
6 -  Group:   [ checkinstall ]
7 -  Architecture: [ i386 ]
8 -  Source location: [ bibletime ]
9 -  Alternate source location: [  ]

Enter a number to change any of them or press ENTER to continue:

--> This screen may look different depending on the package.
- press 2 and enter "bibletime" in the input. Back in the screen
- press 3  and enter "i18n-1.6rc1".
Now, back in this input screen, press "enter" to start the installation.

Then comes the error message:
dpkg: status database area is locked by another process
/var/tmp/cfoacFhlQOdqNUcUKnRo/dpkginstall.log (END)

Now checking in Synaptic for bibletime:
- the packages
-- bibletime installed with version 1.6rc1-1,
-- bibletime -1.6beta2: not installed
-- bibletime-i18n: not installed