[bt-devel] 1.6rc1 released -- testers wanted!

Wolfgang Stradner wolfgang_stradner at wycliffe.org
Mon Aug 28 07:18:51 MST 2006

Hi Martin,

See my comments included below

Martin Gruner wrote:
> Hi everybody,
>
> I just released 1.6rc1. This release includes the bibletime-i18n module, which
> I invite you to test as well. Changes since beta3 are attached.

I managed to install BT1.6rc1 and it works well.
How to install the bibletime-i18n module and what to do with it?
> Please report all issues to our beta testing tracker. We hope to release
> 1.6final until Sep 5th. Not all outstanding bugs in the tracker will be fixed
> until then (any help most appreciated). The docs still have to be updated.
> This would also be a good point for translators to update the program
> messages, they should not change much until 1.6final.
>
> After 1.6 more minor releases will follow which include bugfixes and small new
> features, such as adaptions to Sword 1.5.9, should it not be released before
> 1.6.
>
> And after 1.6, work on BibleTime2 will start. More on that later...
>
> God bless,
>
> Martin

> Changes since 1.6beta3
>
> 2006-08-21 Martin Gruner <mgruner at crosswire.org>
>   * Fixed Keychooser Hotkeys to cross testament boundary

OK, works
> 2006-08-20 Joachim Ansorg <info at bibletime.info>
>   * Fixed the shrinking to zero of the left mainwindow's left part

OK works
>   * Fixed crossrefs in the clucene index

Where to find a description of this problem (SF number?)
>   * Improved the layout of the searchdialog options
>   * Modules which require a more recent Sword are not loaded

How to test this?
> 2006-08-20 Martin Gruner <mgruner at crosswire.org>
>   * Added documentation for "Find text in read window"

How to load documentation?
> 2006-08-07 Martin Gruner <mgruner at crosswire.org>
>   * verse keychooser bugfix and cleanups

Where to find a description of this problem (SF number?)
> 2006-06-20 Martin Gruner <mgruner at crosswire.org>
>   * major patch to the printing system: printing works dynamically and
>   respects the display and filter settings, instead of loading the default
>   settings at program startup time
>   * Joachim, why does printing not work with headings and scriprefs and other
>   markup elements? Besides, it always shows verse numbers, even if they are
>   turned off
>   * Please test printing

About printing of bible works, I tried 2John in the following bibles:
- English bible ASV works well (paragraphs are kept, footnotes not
included),
- ISV leaves out titles, footnotes and cross references (cross
references showing up in blue in the text)
- Djimini bible, imported from Bibledit, blocks Ubuntu 0.06, had to
start a new session.