[bt-devel] clucene issues

Joachim Ansorg nospam+bt-devel at joachim-ansorg.de
Sun Apr 9 05:35:30 MST 2006

Hi,
> 1) searching for "time*" will yield results in Timothy where the word
> time is not used.

Hm, I don't know anything about this one.

> 2) we cannot search for small words like "as" and "is"
>     I know this seems strange but I was trying to find some parables of
> Gods word in the text.  I was looking for things like "word is like" and
> "word as" and "word is".  This should have yielded results such as:

> I'm guessing here, is this a clucene indexing option?

Yes, that's probably because we use the standard analyzer to index the module,
which stripts out the most common, small words.
Using the Simple analyer would fix that.
But atm I'm not sure what we need.

> 3) there was one other...  I was searching for a word that started with
> "e", I cannot remember.  But I got a lot of false positives (A lot of
> hits where the word I was searching for was not found in the text).
> Because of my results in 1) I wonder whether the letter "e" is some sort
> of clucene special character or maybe just ignored.

I don't think so.

I noticed that running a normal search also searches in the footnotes and
perhaps all the other additional fields.
Perhaps that's the reason for your problem.