[bt-devel] http://www.bibleserver.com plugin?

Thilo crazysixpack at gmx.de
Wed Sep 14 09:54:18 MST 2005

Greg Hellings schrieb am 14.09.2005 09:52:

> And what, exactly, would be the
> (legal) ramifications of providing a method whereby a user could select
> a reference and tell a Sword front-end to retrieve that reference from a
> web-page, in a manner similar to the way in which the Mozilla Firefox
> extention works to allow a user to enter a passage

yes that's what I thought, too. If it allowed to read it with a Browser,
why not with an similar yet other technic?
Only the window decoration would change.

and it redirects the
> browser to bible.gospelcom or biblegateway or whatever site?  Would that
> be a breach of copyright laws?

They even provide a howto, to add their content on other webpages.
http://www.bibleserver.com/pdf/direct_link_en.pdf

So why should it be illegal to use their environment?

Bye and thank for your patience

Thilo