[bt-devel] Version 1.5.2

Teus Benschop teus at teusbenschop.nl
Mon Oct 17 06:41:15 MST 2005

Hello Joachim,

Thanks for the new version.

Something strange is happening when using the dcop interface.

I have BibleTime started, with the following modules opened:
DutKant (a Dutch commentary)
DutSVV (a Dutch Bible)
KJV

To start off with, all three of them show Genesis 1:1.
Then the following dcop command is sent:
dcop bibletime BibleTimeInterface syncAllVerseBasedModules Mat.1.1
This switches all of them to Matthew 1:1.

Then the following command is sent:
dcop bibletime BibleTimeInterface syncAllVerseBasedModules Jdg.1.1
Here the strange thing comes: All three windows jump to Revelation 1:1.

It also was noticed that, though normally English Bibles give the
English names of the book (Genesis, Exodus, Leviticus, Number...), in
this case all of them gave the Dutch names (Genesis, Exodus, Leviticus,
Numeri ...)
I suspect this is the reason that they all three jump to Revelation.
Because "Judges" is sent to all windows, yet none of them finds Judges
(because that is "Richteren" in Dutch, and as they then cannot find it,
they choose to the last book in the loop, which is Revelation.

Any solution for this?

Thanks,

Teus.