[bt-devel] Strongs

Gary Sims gary at garysims.co.uk
Tue Jun 28 05:22:19 MST 2005

Hi,

Going back to the Strong's numbers for a bit, I can also confirm that
CTRL+C not working in the mag window.

But I feel that with this new implementation BibleTime has somehow lost
some functionality, not gained. Let me explain...

When doing my Bible studies it is very useful for me to see the Strong's
numbers next to the text... Why... Well many of the Greek words are
translated into several different English words and sometimes knowing
that love and charity (as an example) are the same Greek word is VERY
helpful. Now to discover this I have to start waving my mouse over the
text and looking at the mag window to see what flashs by.

Secondly, Greek words are often derived from other Greek words and the
older versions of BibleTime allowed me to browse from one word to the
next, e.g. "see 4160" in the Strong definition. With the mag window I
can't do that.

I am not trying to critise but I feel that the mag window and the lack
of Strong's numbers is a backwards step.

Sorry!

Gary
--
Gary Sims