[bt-devel] 64 bits

Luke Plant spookylukey at fastmail.fm
Thu Jun 9 15:40:54 MST 2005

On Mon, 23 May 2005 14:24:57 +0300 Gary Sims wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I have just got an AMD64 and I have installed the x86-64 edition SUSE
> 9.2. I should also be getting FC3 x86-64 soon. SUSE is running fine
> and I am pleased with the system.
>
> Naturally I want BibleTime on the machine and I was wondering if
> anyone has done any 64 bit work on Sword and BibleTime.

Late reply I know...

I installed the AMD64 version of Ubuntu a few weeks back and
successfully used Sword 1.5.7.  I didn't have it (Ubuntu)
installed for long before I unfortunately had to switch to the i386
version, so I can't remember whether I tried BibleTime or not, but I
definitely compiled and ran my own kio-sword software, against supplied
Ubuntu packages for libsword4 and libsword-dev (I've got amd64
packages of kio-sword to prove it!). Kio-sword really uses only a
relatively small part of the Sword library functionality, but most
things worked IIRC.  I think I may have had some crashes with
searching, but I'm not sure.

So I guess the Debian/Ubuntu sources for Sword may have some patches
for the amd64 version which might be useful to you.

Luke

--
"I washed a sock. Then I put it in the dryer. When I took it out, it
was gone."  (Steven Wright)

Luke Plant || L.Plant.98 (at) cantab.net || http://lukeplant.me.uk/