[bt-devel] Poetry formating

Wed Jun 1 11:51:50 MST 2005

On Tuesday 31 May 2005 04:01 pm, Joachim Ansorg wrote:
> Hm, I guess it displays ok but it doesn't do what it is supposed to. It
> should format the lines as poetry, but things like
> markers but it's not possible to format things like "<span><div
> class="poetryStart"/></span><div
> class="poetryEnd"/>" with CSS.

Right, which is really why I think the ultimate solution would be to close
each thing.

> If we close everything we loose the formatting, but fix at least the whole
> highlighting of chapters.

Not necessarily, it would just be that individual verses are formatted
independently of the passage as a whole, which actually would be good if we
ever decide to display things smaller than full chapters.

> We'd need support in Sword for a "active tags" stack in the filters to be
> able to close all open tags at the end of a verse. But even better would be
> to convert the WEB to OSIS and insert tags using start and end markers. BUT
> we'd need to find a solution how to format those markup things using CSS. I
> don't think it's possible.

Well I suppose we might could come up with our own sort of "active tag"
system, some indicator that a module tag is open, but still close it on the
end of each verse.

> At the moment I don't see a valuable bug fix for this, since it is a
> mixture of a module and software problem.

Actually, since no templates format poetry at the moment, I think the solution
is just to comment out the lines that generate the poetry tags, which I've
done in my tree. It's not a permanent solution, but it would fix the problem
for the release.