[bt-devel] Re: make fails in chtmlreaddisplay.cpp

Joachim Ansorg nospam+bt-devel at joachim-ansorg.de
Mon Jul 4 03:02:09 MST 2005

Hi,
thanks for the detailed report.

> in cinfodisplay.cpp before line 47 I added:
> namespace InfoDisplay {
> and closed the brace at the end of the file.  It seems like the
> namespace must be defined in both the declaration and the definition.

Indeed, that's a bug. The class definition and declaration needs to be in the
namespace.
I fixed that for CInfoDisplay and CPrinter. I wonder how gcc 3.x compiled
that, though :)

> Before chtmlreaddisplay.cpp:303 (CInfoDisplay::ListInfoData infoList;),
> I added the line:
> using InfoDisplay::CInfoDisplay;
>
> In cpointers.cpp:28, I needed to change the signature to:
> void CPointers::setInfoDisplay(InfoDisplay::CInfoDisplay* const
> infoDisplay)
> That is, I needed an explicit reference to the InfoDisplay namespace.
>
> Similarly, I changed bibletime_init.cpp:78 to:
> m_infoDisplay = new InfoDisplay::CInfoDisplay(m_leftPaneSplitter);
>
> And bibletime.h:393 to:
> InfoDisplay::CInfoDisplay* m_infoDisplay;

I compiled with gcc 4.0 (Debian) and it worked well, even with the old code.
Do you have a pre-release of gcc 4?
I fixed some more of the namespace problems.  Let me know if it compiles for
you. If it doesn't please include a full compiler output log.

Thanks!