[bt-devel] Hebrew text into OpenOffice?

Christopher Meredith theophile at saintmail.net
Mon Feb 14 23:11:05 MST 2005

(sorry for the previous, messed up post!)

Hello All!
	I am trying to get Numbers 20:1-13 in Hebrew, with vowels and
cantillation marks, into OpenOffice Writer. This is proving to be a
very, very difficult task. Copying and pasting from either BibleTime or
GnomeSword into OpenOffice yields gibberish characters. In BibleTime I
can save the chapter to HTML, but when it displays in either a web
browser or OpenOffice, the placement of the vowels and cantillation
marks is all wrong; they appear offset. Does anyone know how I can go
about doing this? Big thanks in advance! Amm my fellow seminary students
are using BibleWorks 6 and I'd like to not have to succumb to outrageous
commercial software to something as seemingly simple as this. Even my
professor who uses a Mac says it's as easy as copy and paste. Again,
thanks in advance and thanks for such awesome software!

~Christopher

--
Christopher Meredith <theophile at saintmail.net>