[bt-devel] Can't compile Bibletime from CVS

Steven P. Ulrick lists-bibletime at afolkey2.net
Wed Dec 28 05:01:45 MST 2005

On Tue, 27 Dec 2005 22:17:21 -0600
Lee Carpenter <elc at carpie.net> wrote:

> Steven,
>
>  From the output of configure, it seems that CLucene header files
> were found in /usr/include.  I'm assuming this is where you installed
> 0.9.10. In the compiler output, the CLucene header files that are
> listed are from /usr/local/kde-svn/.  Is is possible this is where
> you installed 0.8.x version of CLucene?  If so, you should probably
> uninstall the RPM of CLucene 0.8.x.  If not, check to make sure there
> is not a conflict between the headers in both places...
>
> Hope this helps,
>
> Lee C.

Hello, Lee
I checked /usr/local/kde-svn/include and /usr/local/kde-svn/lib, and
oddly enough, I discovered that the CLucene files
in /usr/local/kde-svn/lib had not been uninstalled.  So I removed them,
and now I am re-compiling Bibletime.....

The result ended up being the same error as before.

Below are links to the new output that I got while attempting to
compile Bibletime:
http://www.afolkey2.net/bibletime/2/bibletime-MakefileCVS.txt
http://www.afolkey2.net/bibletime/2/bibletime-configure.txt
http://www.afolkey2.net/bibletime/2/bibletime-make.txt

To be safe, I grabbed a fresh copy of Bibletime and tried again.  Here
is the output for that:
http://www.afolkey2.net/bibletime/3/bibletime-MakefileCVS.txt
http://www.afolkey2.net/bibletime/3/bibletime-configure.txt
http://www.afolkey2.net/bibletime/3/bibletime-make.txt

As you can see from the output from compiling the fresh copy of
Bibletime from CVS, the results are the same.

But, again I need to get ready to go to work :)

Steven P. Ulrick