[bt-devel] Can't compile Bibletime from CVS

Steven P. Ulrick lists-bibletime at afolkey2.net
Tue Dec 27 17:42:20 MST 2005

On Tue, 27 Dec 2005 18:33:14 +0100
Joachim Ansorg <nospam+bt-devel at joachim-ansorg.de> wrote:

> BibleTime CVS is not compatible with Sword's SVN.
> It only works with the latest release, which is 1.5.8.
>
> Joachim

Hello, Everyone
As per the above statement, I uninstalled Sword from SVN from my system
and downloaded the 1.5.8 release tarball.  With options in usrinst.sh
that look like this, Sword 1.5.8 appeared to compile and install
perfectly:

OPTIONS="--prefix=/usr/local/kde-svn $OPTIONS"
OPTIONS="--without-conf $OPTIONS"
OPTIONS="--sysconfdir=/etc $OPTIONS"
#OPTIONS="--with-lucene $OPTIONS"
OPTIONS="--with-icu $OPTIONS"
OPTIONS="--without-curl $OPTIONS"
#OPTIONS="--enable-tests $OPTIONS"
#OPTIONS="--enable-profile $OPTIONS"
#OPTIONS="--enable-debug $OPTIONS"
#OPTIONS="--disable-shared $OPTIONS"
#OPTIONS="--disable-utilities $OPTIONS"

I grabbed a fresh copy of Bibletime from CVS, and attempted to compile
Bibletime against Sword 1.5.8.  I got a much more extensive error than
I ever have before.  Here are links to the entire output of every
command that I ran to attempt to compile a Fresh copy of Bibletime from
CVS:
http://www.afolkey2.net/bibletime/bibletime-MakefileCVS.txt
http://www.afolkey2.net/bibletime/bibletime-configure.txt
http://www.afolkey2.net/bibletime/bibletime-make.txt

As always, if you have any more questions, feel free to let me know and
I'll be glad to help.

Steven P. Ulrick