[bt-devel] BibleTime Search

Troy A. Griffitts scribe at crosswire.org
Tue Dec 27 17:26:18 MST 2005

Lee,
	The current sword code is against < clucene 0.9.  Daniel has updates to
build against the 0.9 code stream which should be committed sometime
near the end of the week, when he returns from the holidays.  We also
have new code to do intelligent Papyri searches (already committed and
can be seen by swordweb with something like a search for τὴν μακαρίαν in
early Christian inscriptions.

http://crosswire.org/study/wordsearchresults.jsp?mod=PHI_CHR&searchTerm=%CF%84%E1%BD%B4%CE%BD+%CE%BC%CE%B1%CE%BA%CE%B1%CF%81%E1%BD%B7%CE%B1%CE%BD

note the ignoring of accents and bracked symbols in positive hit
results).  These are non-clucene searches now, but should work for
lucene searches when we build against a clucene codebase which supports
multibyte characters (papyri are typically Koine Greek).

	I trust you guys have a good reason for bypassing SWORD's impl of
lucene searching, but always wish to encourage collaboration where possible.

	-Troy.