[bt-devel] searching sword modules with bibletime

Jim jdc.email at gmail.com
Thu Dec 22 15:34:56 MST 2005

I have not had much success using the Strong's numbers search.  I get
success on some numbers while none on others.  I have noticed the following:

Search for Strong's number 02822:
    1) try "H02822", "02822", or "2822" (and other permutations)
          Nothing.
    2) try "<02822>" and use the "Main Text" and "Exact" options (NOT
the "Strong's Number" option)
          Success.

Now when I use the command line search that comes with the sword source
in the examples/cmdline directory.
       (I modified the program to use the search option -3)
    1) try "Word//Lemma/H02822/"
          Success.
       (I modified the program to use the search option -2)
    1) try "<02822>"
          Nothing.

Why am I getting these results?  There seems to be some problem.
Possibly, the Bibletime search is setting the show Strong's numbers
option to ON, and this is why <02822> works.  And this same setting also
causes the Lemma search to fail.

I am trying to fix this in Bibletime so that my Strong's number searches
will work all the time.

--
Thanks
Jim

P.S.
    I am going to try to fix the results window to highlight the word(s)
that match the searched for Strong's number.  I use this kind of search
all the time and I need to be able find the word(s) that relate to the
Strong's numbers quickly.