[bt-devel] KDE4, Qt4, and Windows porting... plus DCOP

Barry Drake b.drake at ntlworld.com
Sat Aug 13 04:08:33 MST 2005

Hi Joachim ..........

Joachim Ansorg wrote:

>Hm, that looks like a moc problem. The staticMetaObject comes from Qt's moc
>which creates moc_....cpp files using the Qt headers.

Thanks.  That shows how little I know about QT4 - I only downloaded it yeaterday and haven't studied the docs.  I've read up on QT moc now and used the moc tool manually to generate the moc_ cpp files.  That has got rid of the problem for now.  I should be able to get a statically linked version to build soon.  As I'm using DevCPP to build, I haven't been using qmake - I think I can tell DevCPP to use qmake in place of gnu make - I'm going to have a go at that later.  Bit short of time to go further just now ....

In your message to Greg, you asked what we would like.  My favourite front end at the moment is Costas Stergiou's 'The Word' bible program.  I tried to get him interested in working with the Sword engine but he doesn't want to go down that path.  I've converted my most used Sword modules to his plantext .vpl format and use the parallel feature in his bible reader all the time with two or three bibles and at least one commentary in his parallel view.  But I seem to remember that BibleTime has a good parallel feature?  Does that allow commantaries side by side with bibles?

I'm really excited about this proposed cross-platform version ...

God bless,
Barry

-- From Barry Drake (The Revd) minister of the Netherfield United Reformed church, Nottingham see http://www.jesusinnetherfield.org.uk for our church homepages).

Replies - b.drake at ntlworld.com