[bt-devel] Downloading and compiling Bibletime

Joachim Ansorg junkmail at joachim.ansorgs.de
Fri Apr 1 02:58:25 MST 2005

Hi,
> I am still having trouble. Is there anybody using SuSE for development?

I recently compiled BibleTime on SuSE 9.2, but it's not my system.

Could you please try a "cvs up -PdC" to make sure no local changes are in the
files?

> family at linux:~/src/bibletime> more autogen.sh
> #!/bin/sh
> make -f Makefile.cvs
>
> family at linux:~/src/bibletime> make -f Makefile.cvs
> This Makefile is only for the CVS repository
> This will be deleted before making the distribution
>
> : command not founde 8:
>
> ': not a valid identifiernset: `MAKEFLAGS
>
> : command not founde 10:
>
> '/admin/cvs.sh: line 11: syntax error near unexpected token `
> '/admin/cvs.sh: line 11: `call_and_fix_autoconf()
> make[1]: *** [cvs] Error 2
> make: *** [all] Error 2
> family at linux:~/src/bibletime>

What does admin/cvs,sh contain in line 11 on your side?
This looks really weird, I hope the clean checkout above helps.

> gcc-3.3.4-11
> glibc 2.3.3-118
> autoconf 2.59-78
> automake 1.9.1-4
> make-3.80-186
> kdebase 3.3.0
> perl-5.8.5-3.2
> curl-7.12.0-2.2
> kernel (linux) 2.6.8
> KDevelop 3.2.0

You need at least kdelibs-devel (or kdelibs3-devel) to compile BibleTime.

<>< Re: deemed!