[bt-devel] Re: URGENT - request for SUSE 9.2 rpms

Joachim Ansorg junkmail at joachim.ansorgs.de
Thu Nov 18 10:02:59 MST 2004

> Thanks - instructions will really help.

Building RPMs can be done by using the source RPM packages (=SRPM packages)
which were made for SuSE 9.1. They are on our SF download page.
We have SRPMs for Sword, BibleTime and BibleTime-i18n.

Building an RPM should work this way (I demonstrate bibletime RPM building
here):
 1. Install all the devel packages we need for Sword and BibleTime.
kdelibs3-devel (or similair) and so on.
 2. Install the Source RPM package with
  rpm -i bibletime-1.4.1-1.suse9.1.src.rpm
   The files get installed to /usr/src/packages/
 3. Building an RPM uses a SPEC file, which is in /usr/src/packages/SPECS,
edit the bibletime.spec file to have SuSE 9.2 instead of 9.1.
 4. One can build the package by calling
  rpmbuild -ba SPECS/bibletime.spec
   If all required devel packages are installled that should work fine. Make
sure that you build and installl the Sword RPM before.
 5. The finished packages will be in /usr/src/packages/RPMS/ in the right arch
subdir.
 6. Install it with rpm -i or rpm -U to test it.

If think in the CVS of BT we also have a small file which explains packaging a
bit more detailed.

Let me know if it works,

<>< Re: deemed!