[bt-devel] suggestions

Sat May 29 18:27:27 MST 2004

On Wednesday 26 May 2004 11:11 am, Martin Gruner wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I would like to suggest that crossrefs remain in the text (e.g. Gen 1:1),
> and the info display shows their target when you hover over them.

I was looking at this and if this is desirable it seems easy enough to fix.
It's just a matter of replacint the - which gets covererd up via css with the
text of the crossreference. I can patch it myself if you like. In fact, I'll
test it locally and see how just replacing the - with the reference works
with multiple cross refs.

And I agree, having it be a box or however we end up doing footnotes might be
a good idea for Bibles, but *NOT* for commentary modules like the TSK or
Robinsons. Bibles here would be a special case I think, though I hate to add
more special cases to the thml->html and osis->html filters (gbf doesn't seem
to have cross references?)

> For footnotes we also need to find a solution. The current yellow box is
> not optimal. How about superscript numbers as usual in texts?

I might can look into this too. I'm waiting on a guy to get back to me on a
remote contract programming job. If someone else is doing it or he's doing it
himself, or for some reason I don't have to do it I might can work on it.

>From what I can see right now, it looks like having a footnote counter in the
module and displaying the number in superscript, incrementing it each time.
Though with numbers, what happens with footnote 1,458? that's a large number
that will still interrupt the display of the text. Maybe a letter of the
locale's alphabet and reset when you hit the end? How do languages other than
english handle footnotes? (I've not done extensive reading in languages other
than english)

Also would it be possible to reformat the source so it doesn't go so far out
on the line? Some of us don't have displays quite as big as it appears the
lines take up, and with kwrite/kdevelop/whatever's default settings, I get
sometimes very large spans of lines with x type things which pad the word
wrapped things to where the text begins on the line.