[bt-devel] sample modules

Luke Plant spookylukey at fastmail.fm
Wed May 26 17:22:20 MST 2004

Chris Little wrote:

> It sounds like you plan to write your own output filters for GBF,
> OSIS, & ThML sources.  This is a really bad idea, if there is any way
> to avoid it.  You'll have to make changes to your filters
> (particularly the OSIS filter) as we make use of additional features
> of source formats.  If at all possible, I would use the HTMLHREF
> filter, given your target.

Can I ask for a bit more explanation?  I have so far created a modified
version of Sword's HTMLHREF filters (for OSIS and GBF), copying some
things from BibleTime.  I can't use either BibleTime's or Sword's
filters unmodified, as I need to customise the hrefs for one thing.  Why
is this a bad idea?

Cheers, and thanks for the info,

Luke

--
"Too many cooks in the pot." (True Quotes From Induhviduals, Scott
Adams)

Luke Plant -- L.Plant.98 (at) cantab.net -- www.lukeplant.me.uk