[bt-devel] Can't compile Bibletime 1.4.1 on Fedora Core 2

Steven P. Ulrick ulrick2 at faith4miracle.org
Wed May 26 07:09:29 MST 2004

On Wed, 26 May 2004 11:48:34 +0200
Joachim Ansorg <junkmail at joachim.ansorgs.de> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> > Since the current and therefore future versions of Bibletime don't
> > meet my needs anymore (the info window, and whole display template
> > thing), I was attempting to install Bibletime 1.4.1 on Fedora Core
> > 2, but I got the following error message:
>
> 1.4.1 only works with version 1.5.7.
>
> Do you need the strong numbers in the text? Or what is missing?
>
> Joachim

Hello, Joachim :)
Yes, I need the Strong's numbers in the text, and I prefer to open the
things that appear in the info window in a separate window.  But the
only really big issue is that I prefer to have the Strong's numbers
visible.
Here is an example of what I use the visible Strong's numbers for:
1. For example, I would do a search for the english word "word" in the
New Testament.
2. I would then go through the verse list and get all the Strong's
numbers of the Greek words that are translated with the English word
"word"
3. Then, after copying and pasting the chapters that contain the results
of the above two steps, I will use the Strong's numbers to find out
which Greek word is used in each instance of the English word "word"
4. I will then replace the English word "word" with a tranliteration of
the appropriate Greek word.  For example:

So then faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the "rhema" of God.
But I say, Have they not heard? Yes verily, their sound went into all
the earth, and their "rhema" unto the ends of the world.

Or:
And now, Lord, behold their threatenings: and grant unto thy servants,
that with all boldness they may speak thy "logos", by stretching forth
thine hand to heal; and that signs and wonders may be done by the name
of thy holy child Jesus.

Also, sometimes I will put the Strong's number right next to the English
word, so, for example, I will know what kind of "Love" is being referred
to.  For example:

So when they had dined, Jesus saith to Simon Peter, Simon, son of Jonas,
lovest thou(25) me more than these?
	He saith unto him, Yea, Lord; thou knowest that I love(5368) thee.
	He saith unto him, Feed my lambs.
	He saith to him again the second time, Simon, son of Jonas, lovest
thou(25) me?
	He saith unto him, Yea, Lord; thou knowest that I love(5368) thee.
	He saith unto him, Feed my sheep.
	He saith unto him the third time, Simon, son of Jonas, lovest(5368)
thou me?
	Peter was grieved because he said unto him the third time, Lovest(5368)
thou me? And he said unto him, Lord, thou knowest all things; thou
knowest that I love(5368) thee.
	Jesus saith unto him, Feed my sheep.

But anyway, in closing, I also have the unfortunate news that when I
attempted to compile Sword 1.5.7 on Fedora Core 2, that it won't compile
:(  So I still don't have Bibletime 1.4.1 working.

Anyway, that's all I have for now.

Have a Great Day :)
Steven P. Ulrick