[bt-devel] My first commit?

Steven P. Ulrick ulrick at eagleinet.net
Tue Jun 22 06:32:14 MST 2004

Hello, Everyone :)

I might have done my first commit.  The command I ran seemed to go
smoothly, but then I got this message:

CVS: Enter Log.  Lines beginning with `CVS:' are removed automatically
CVS:
CVS: Committing in .
CVS:
CVS: Modified Files:
CVS:    handbook/unicode/hdbk-intro.docbook
CVS:    handbook/html/hdbk-conf-optdialog-start.png
CVS:    handbook/html/hdbk-config-toolbar.png
CVS:    handbook/html/hdbk-op-module-select-1.png
CVS:    handbook/html/hdbk-op-module-select-2.png
CVS:    handbook/html/hdbk-op-module-tree-1.png
CVS:    handbook/html/hdbk-op-module-tree-bookmark-bookmarkandfolder.png
CVS:    handbook/html/hdbk-op-search-dialog-modsel.png
CVS:    handbook/html/hdbk-op-search-dialog-options.png
CVS:    handbook/html/hdbk-op-search-dialog-range.png
CVS:    handbook/html/hdbk-op-search-dialog-searchanal.png
CVS:    handbook/html/hdbk-op-search-dialog-searchresult.png
CVS:    handbook/html/hdbk-start-screen-terms.png
CVS:    handbook/html/hdbk-start-sequence-tips.png
CVS:    handbook/html/hi32-app-bibletime.png
~
~
~
~
~

I then discovered that I was in vim, and it told me to type :quit
<enter> to quit.  When I did so, I got the following message:

Log message unchanged or not specified
a)bort, c)ontinue, e)dit, !)reuse this message unchanged for remaining dirs
Action: (continue)

I chose c)ontinue.  I typed "c", hit enter, and it just appeared to hang
there.  Did I do something wrong?

Then it just hung(?) there.  Did I do something wrong?

I need to go get some sleep now :)  I'll be looking forward to hearing
about what I might have done wrong :)
Steven P. Ulrick