[bt-devel] Handbook Progress - 06/21/2004

Steven P. Ulrick ulrick at eagleinet.net
Mon Jun 21 17:47:14 MST 2004

Hello, Everyone :)
Despite what the subject line MAY imply, I will not burden the list with
daily updates :)  But I had some issues with some of the screen shots
that I've made so far (I use the "Keramik" window decoration style)
They left ugly black areas at the upper left and upper right corners of
each screen shot.  What I did (and will do in the future) is use the
Gimp, zoom each offending screenshot to 800%, and fill in all non-white
areas with white.  What I've done so far, relating to the ugly black
areas, looks really good :)

Another thing I noticed is that all the screen shots that I did that had
the "Bibles" folder open in the Main Index were showing all of the
locked modules that I have on my system.  To avoid any confusion by
Bibletime users that might wonder, "Hey, why aren't those modules
available?", I did "grep CipherKey=" from inside of the
"/usr/share/sword/mods.d" directory, and I moved all the .conf files
that came up to a temporary location.  Now I'll just redo all those
screen shots.

Also, as an experiment, I updated Bibletime from CVS using my new write
privileges, and I had no problems.  So I assume that when I get done
with the Handbook, that I should have no problems.  I am assuming that I
shouldn't commit anything until I'm done.  If Martin or Joachim says
different, I will commit as I go.  But before I commit anything, I will
contact Martin or Joachim and make sure that I'm doing it correctly.

Have a Great Day :)
Steven P. Ulrick