[bt-devel] go to anchor bug fixed, testers needed

Steven P. Ulrick ulrick2 at faith4miracle.org
Tue Jun 15 06:45:25 MST 2004

On Tue, 15 Jun 2004 15:12:36 +0200
Joachim Ansorg <junkmail at joachim.ansorgs.de> wrote:

> Hi,
> BibleTime now moves the text position to the viewed verse/key again.
> We use an ugly hack to work around a KDE problem. That's why I ask you
> to test the current CVS of BibleTime if it works well on your side.
>
> Please test at least a Bible and the result page in the search dialog.
>
> Thanks,
> Joachim

Hello, Joachim :)
I tested as you asked, and the bug is still there.  I opened up Genesis
1, and I switched to verse 17 (the last full verse visible on the
screen) using the drop down menu at the top of the Bibletime window.  I
then proceeded to click the down arrow, to go from verse 18,19 and so
on.  The result was the same as it was before: only verses 1-17 remained
on screen.  Just to be safe, I will delete all my Bibletime
configuration files, run "make distclean" and try again.  I will then
try a new checkout from CVS.  For your information, I run "make -f
Makefile.cvs" everytime I update Bibletime from CVS.

I am running Fedora Core 2, full installation (not an upgrade), every
package installed.  All official and test (not "Rawhide") updates
installed.  QT is 3.3.2, compiled from TrollTech's official source
tarball. KDE is from CVS HEAD, fully updated right before I updated
Bibletime from CVS.  Also, I DID NOT install KDE from CVS HEAD over my
default KDE.  I installed it in a completely different location, and I
just export the appropriate $QTDIR and $KDEDIR in my .bash_profile.

Have a Great Day :)
Steven P. Ulrick