[bt-devel] CVS Installation-Long message.

Steven Ackerman ackerman_steven at yahoo.com
Fri Jun 11 18:01:29 MST 2004

Greetings yet again. Please see in-line comments. That
will be the easiest way for me to state my current
problem. Please excuse the lack of understanding.
Linux is new to me in practice.

CVSROOT=:pserver:anonymous at cvs.crosswire.org:/cvs/core
> cvs login
>   Password: anonymous
> cvs checkout sword

O.k. I did this. After doing this and typing the
command: ./autogen.sh, I get the following:

*** Sword build system generation
*** Recreating libtool
libtoolize
You should add the contents of
`/usr/share/aclocal/libtool.m4' to `aclocal.m4'.
*** Recreating aclocal.m4
aclocal
aclocal: configure.ac: 135: macro `AM_CXXFLAGS' not
found in library
aclocal: configure.ac: 139: macro `AM_CFLAGS' not
found in library
aclocal: configure.ac: 141: macro `AM_CFLAGS' not
found in library
aclocal: configure.ac: 144: macro `AM_CXXFLAGS' not
found in library
aclocal: configure.ac: 146: macro `AM_CXXFLAGS' not
found in library
aclocal: configure.ac: 148: macro `AM_CFLAGS' not
found in library
aclocal: configure.ac: 149: macro `AM_CXXFLAGS' not
found in library
aclocal: configure.ac: 157: macro `AM_CFLAGS' not
found in library
aclocal: configure.ac: 158: macro `AM_CXXFLAGS' not
found in library
aclocal: configure.ac: 161: macro `AM_CFLAGS' not
found in library
aclocal: configure.ac: 162: macro `AM_CXXFLAGS' not
found in library
aclocal: configure.ac: 182: macro `AM_CXXFLAGS' not
found in library
aclocal: configure.ac: 183: macro `AM_CFLAGS' not
found in library
aclocal: configure.ac: 196: macro `AM_CXXFLAGS' not
found in library
aclocal: configure.ac: 197: macro `AM_CFLAGS' not
found in library
*** Recreating configure
/usr/bin/m4: configure.in: No such file or directory
autoconf: configure.in: No such file or directory
*** Recreating the Makefile.in files
automake: configure.ac: `PACKAGE' not defined in
`configure.ac'
automake: configure.ac: `VERSION' not defined in
`configure.ac'
Makefile.am:1: require version 1.6, but have 1.4-p5
lib/Makefile.am:1: require version 1.6, but have
1.4-p5
tests/Makefile.am:1: require version 1.6, but have
1.4-p5
tests/refsys/Makefile.am:1: require version 1.6, but
have 1.4-p5
utilities/Makefile.am:1: require version 1.6, but have
1.4-p5
examples/Makefile.am:1: require version 1.6, but have
1.4-p5
examples/cmdline/Makefile.am:1: require version 1.6,
but have 1.4-p5
utilities/diatheke/Makefile.am:1: require version 1.6,
but have 1.4-p5
icu/Makefile.am:1: require version 1.6, but have
1.4-p5
[root at localhost sword]#

I'm sure posting that in entirety was not necessary,
but I wanted to make sure. I wasn't sure how to attach
an error log. There is more...

So I continue on with the instructions I recieved and
type in: ./autogen.sh which gives me the following:
./usrinst.sh
./usrinst.sh: ./configure: No such file or directory

Configured to NOT write a global /etc/sword.conf on
'make install'.
If this is the first time you've installed sword, be
sure to run
'make install_config' if you would like a basic
configuration installed

Next you might try something like:

make
su
make install
(and optionally)
make install_config
make register

So I try to run make and/or make install or make
install_config and I get a message stating there is no
target specified and no makefile found. Am I doing
something wrong? Wish I knew. I read on in the docbook
manual online. Believing in faith that I will
contribute to this project at some point. Looks like I
will broaden my linux knowledge as well.

Thanks in advance.

Steve

-d:pserver:anonymous at cvs.sourceforge.net:/cvsroot/bibletime