[bt-devel] kio-sword pre-release

Luke Plant spookylukey at fastmail.fm
Thu Jun 3 13:43:05 MST 2004

On Wed, 2 Jun 2004 13:29:45 +0200 Martin Gruner wrote:

> I suggest we put it into the BibleTime module so that it will be
> installed alongside BibleTime. This will share the existing configure
> stuff etc.

At first I was going to agree, as BibleTime's configure script should
work perfectly, but there are some problems:

At least initially I'm going to be releasing it at different times and
more often than BibleTime.  I'd like to create binary packages as well
as source tarballs, which causes problems certainly for Debian packages
- Debian packages (from my very little but now growing experience) use
'make install' to build the package, so Kio-Sword would be included in
the BibleTime package.  And having two packages that provide the same
files is a problem.

So I think for now, it would be better separate, unless someone knows
nice ways around these things.

Cheers

Luke

--
Evolution (n): A hypothetical process whereby infinitely improbable
events occur with alarming frequency, order arises from chaos, and no

Luke Plant -- L.Plant.98 (at) cantab.net -- www.lukeplant.me.uk