[bt-devel] Bookmark behavior

Tue, 6 Jan 2004 03:25:02 -0500

I've got a question, is it really the best behavior to remove the module
information from bookmarks that no longer have the module the reference
installed?

For example, I run stuff off of a CD now, but I've got a few basic modules
installed so I don't constantly have to have the CD in and mounted. If I
bookmark something  in a module on the CD and later run bt without having the
CD in and mounted the bookmark gets displayed like this "foo (unknown)".

Now normally this would be fine, except it never shows up as the module again,
even with the CD in or the modules installed. I did some checking, and the
actual bookmark xml file and the modulename attribute of the bookmark gets
set to "". I don't think this should be the case, since the user may later
have the module installed, and it's hard to guess what module a bookmark came
from if that information is lost.