[bt-devel] 1.4 RPM packages

Lamar Owen bt-devel@crosswire.org
Sat, 3 Jan 2004 14:42:30 -0500

On Sunday 28 December 2003 08:10 pm, Joachim Ansorg wrote:
> is anybody here who could build BibleTime (bibletime, bibletime-i18n) and
> Sword RPMs for Mandrkae and RedHat / Fedora? I'd be glad to be able to
> offer them on the download page.

> I posted the source RPMs I used on the SF download page. Have a look into
> the SPEC files how Sword is configured, the new option which has to be used
> is --with-curl to make the SwordSetup dialog work.
> If the system you're using uses libcurl 7.10.5  you also need the small
> patch included in sword-1.5.7-1.suse9.0.src.rpm to make SwordSetup work.

Hmmm, odd.  Sword automatically picks up curl on Fedora Core, which has
7.10.6.  The dialogs all appear to work, until the very last, where it is
supposed to show the list of modules, which comes up empty.  The SWORD
configure also picks up a nonexistent lucene.  Don't know why; my Fedora Core
system is updated fully and has a few third-party RPMs installed.

Otherwise I have built and uploaded Bibletime 1.4 and SWORD 1.5.7 RPMs for
Fedora Core 1.  Everything (except what I've listed above) appears to work
fine; I have my modules all installed in /usr/share/sword from my previous
installs (dating from Bibletime 1.1 at least).
--
Lamar Owen
WGCR Internet Radio