Fwd: Re: [bt-devel] CVS: New feature

anthony kerr bt-devel@crosswire.org
Thu, 19 Feb 2004 16:42:58 +1100

Joachim

My suggestion to clear the text from the Info Display box was really dumb!

With the Info Display box now auto looking up words in the bible dictionary,
it is really frustrating that the text clears, a few times I wanted to read
the whole note in the info display and wasn't able to without opening up the
module itself and manually finding it.

Perhaps it could clear after 20 seconds or perhaps it should go back to how it
was?

What do others think?

in Christ
anthony

Subject: Re: [bt-devel] CVS: New feature
Date: Tue, 17 Feb 2004 09:49 pm
From: anthony kerr <anton_kylie@pacific.net.au>
To: bt-devel@crosswire.org

This feature is fantastic, I look forward to the strongs numbers and
morphology codes being displayed. I also like the green box around the
selected verse in the default syle.

Thanks for your continuing hardwork, I use Bibletime many times every week.

I have one suggestion ...

Clear the text after moving off the yellow "hotspot"

I had a similar problem using javascript and solved it -
in a javascript webpage that wrote text to a form when the mouse hovered over
certain parts of an image, the text also wasn't clearing when the mouse left
the "hotspot", eventually I figured out that I could just write a blank
string to the form "onmouseout", perhaps you could do something similar if
others think that it is desirable to clear the text

in Christ
anthony