[bt-devel] Segmentation Fault

zer0halo zerohalo at gmail.com
Fri Dec 3 14:49:07 MST 2004

Thanks, Bill. I tried compiling the package from source. It completes
okay, but when running the program I get the same Segmentation Fault.
(I uninstalled the DEB package of bibletime first.)

So I ran through it again to see if I could find any errors.

Configure works without errors.

Make gives the following error repeatedly, though it doesn't halt:

In file included from /usr/include/sword/utilweb.h:26,
                 from /usr/include/sword/utilfuns.h:27,
                 from /usr/include/sword/swobject.h:4,
                 from /usr/include/sword/swdisp.h:26,
                 from /usr/include/sword/swmodule.h:27,
                 from /usr/include/sword/swmgr.h:45,
                 from backend/cswordbackend.h:31,
                 from backend/cswordmoduleinfo.h:22,
                 from frontend/cprofilewindow.h:21,
                 from frontend/cprofile.h:21,
                 from frontend/cprofilemgr.h:21,
                 from bibletime.h:24,
                 from main.cpp:29:
/usr/include/sword/swbuf.h: In member function `void
   sword::SWBuf::assureMore(long unsigned int)':
/usr/include/sword/swbuf.h:47: warning: comparison between signed and
unsigned integer expressions
/usr/include/sword/swbuf.h: In member function `sword::SWBuf&
   sword::SWBuf::operator<<(int)':
/usr/include/sword/swbuf.h:196: warning: comparison between signed and
unsigned integer expressions

I don't know enough about compiling packages to understand what this
means, other that it seems tobe a problem with the sword library.

Make install works without problems.

Any clues? Help? I could try the Ubuntu community too, but since it
might be a Sword problem, perhaps someone here would know? Thanks.

On Fri, 3 Dec 2004 09:53:31 -0600, Bill Totman <totman at gmail.com> wrote:
> It could be an issue of what glib package or the version of gcc your
> base system was compiled against/with and that which the bibletime deb
> package was prepared with.
>
> Have you tried to compile the package yourself? That could reviel or
> resolve such problems.
>
> Also, what about the Ubuntu community. They might have a good idea
> about it. I have yet to try Ubuntu since I'm so satisfied with Gentoo
> I haven't considered much else besides Debian Sarge (for a file
> server). When things go wrong on a Gentoo emerge (an install) I have
> usually found the answer at their forums (forums.gentoo.org).
>
> Hope that helps.
>

> On Thu, 2 Dec 2004 19:40:22 -0700, zer0halo <zerohalo at gmail.com> wrote:
> > I just came across bibletime when looking for a linux bible program,
> > and it looks nice!
> >
> > uses DEB packages). It installed no problem (after fulfilling a few
> > > However, when I try running it, I just get "segmentation fault" at the> command line. Nothing else--gui doesn't even start to load; no other
> > error, so I don't even know where to start.
> >
> > I tried downloading the Debian Unstable package and installing it
> > manually, and while it installed no problem, I get the exact same
> > error.
> >
> > Any clues? Thanks for the help. And thanks for making what seems to be
> > a great program (if I can get it running!)
> >
> > --
> > "Impossible is nothing."

"Impossible is nothing."