[bt-devel] Can't select text with Bibletime from CVS

Steven P. Ulrick ulrick2 at faith4miracle.org
Wed Apr 28 18:30:49 MST 2004

Hello, Everyone :)
As the subject line states, I have lost the ability to select text in
any open module.

Bible Modules: I can still copy an entire chapter, but I can't select
anything less than an entire chapter.  The chapter that I do copy,
though, does paste properly to any text editor or word processor that I
tried.  Also, if I Select All, and then choose to Copy Selected Text,
the text I copied does paste properly to a text editor or a word
processor.  I just can't copy and paste anything less than an entire
chapter.

All other module types seem to behave the same: If I choose to Select
All, and then Copy Selected Text, I can then paste whatever it was that
I copied.  If I right click and choose to Copy Entry with Text, nothing
gets copied.  But like with the Bible modules, I can only copy and paste
an entire entry, never part of an entry.

After Re-Investigating
Like the above statement says, I just got some new information.
Apparently it is POSSIBLE to select less than an entire chapter, but I
must assume that what it takes to do so is not the intended behavior.
If I am mistaken about that, I do apologize :)  Anyway, the way it seems
to be working is that I have to double click at the beginning or end of
my desired selection, then the first part of my selection is
highlighted, and then I can drag my mouse until I get to the end of my
selection.
Problem #1: When I click to unselect the text that I had just selected,
the selection then is unselected to the point where I clicked.  I
assumed that if I clicked somewhere in the selected text, that all of it
would be unselected.  This is not the case.  Also, there appears to be
no consistant way to unselect all of the previously selected text.  It
can be done, but I can find no consistent way to do it.
Problem #2: Let's say I want to copy a verse, beginning with the verse
number.  If I click somewhere between the verse number and the first
word, the verse number and the fist word are selected.  The problem
arises when I try to drag my mouse and select the rest of what I want to
select.  When I begin to drag, the verse number, and the first word,
which are the first two things in the section that I want to copy,
immediately become unselected.  I do realize that I could just type in
the verse number and the first word, but I don't think that that is how
you want it to work.

In closing, I must admit that what I use Bibletime mostly for involves
me copying and pasting entire chapters.  But these things might affect
someone else a lot more than myself.

Have a Great Day :)
Steven P. Ulrick