[bt-devel] Strange Terminal Window output

Steven P. Ulrick bt-devel@crosswire.org
Tue, 20 Apr 2004 18:05:00 -0500

Hello, Everyone :)

I just updated and installed Bibletime from the CVS.  And I did this
against Sword from the CVS, so that is all in order.  In addition to the
issue of the dissapearing modules (but in the case of the Bible modules,
copyable and pasteable) I noticed that Bibletime has been taking a lot
longer to start up.  I have no idea why I tried this, but I started it
up from a terminal window.  When I did, it started slow like usual
(well, it never actually did start up)  But when I looked at the
terminal window, I saw the following:

created default StringMgr
kdeprint: kdeprint: registering 0x821f0dc, number of objects = 1
kio (KSycoca): Trying to open ksycoca from /var/tmp/kdecache-steve/ksycoca
kdecore (KAction): WARNING: KAction::insertKAccel( kaccel = 0x848ced0 ): KAccel object already contains an action name "help_whats_this"
Book: Genesis does not have a matching toupper abbrevs entry! book number returned was: -1
Book: Exodus does not have a matching toupper abbrevs entry! book number returned was: -1
Book: Leviticus does not have a matching toupper abbrevs entry! book number returned was: -1
Book: Numbers does not have a matching toupper abbrevs entry! book number returned was: -1
Book: Deuteronomy does not have a matching toupper abbrevs entry! book number returned was: -1
Book: Joshua does not have a matching toupper abbrevs entry! book number returned was: -1
Book: Judges does not have a matching toupper abbrevs entry! book number returned was: -1
Book: Ruth does not have a matching toupper abbrevs entry! book number returned was: -1
Book: I Samuel does not have a matching toupper abbrevs entry! book number returned was: -1
Book: II Samuel does not have a matching toupper abbrevs entry! book number returned was: -1
Book: I Kings does not have a matching toupper abbrevs entry! book number returned was: -1
Book: II Kings does not have a matching toupper abbrevs entry! book number returned was: -1
Book: I Chronicles does not have a matching toupper abbrevs entry! book number returned was: -1
Book: II Chronicles does not have a matching toupper abbrevs entry! book number returned was: -1
Book: Ezra does not have a matching toupper abbrevs entry! book number returned was: -1
Book: Nehemiah does not have a matching toupper abbrevs entry! book number returned was: -1
Book: Esther does not have a matching toupper abbrevs entry! book number returned was: -1
Book: Job does not have a matching toupper abbrevs entry! book number returned was: -1
Book: Psalms does not have a matching toupper abbrevs entry! book number returned was: -1
Book: Proverbs does not have a matching toupper abbrevs entry! book number returned was: -1
Book: Ecclesiastes does not have a matching toupper abbrevs entry! book number returned was: -1
Book: Song of Solomon does not have a matching toupper abbrevs entry! book number returned was: -1
Book: Isaiah does not have a matching toupper abbrevs entry! book number returned was: -1
Book: Jeremiah does not have a matching toupper abbrevs entry! book number returned was: -1
Book: Lamentations does not have a matching toupper abbrevs entry! book number returned was: -1
Book: Ezekiel does not have a matching toupper abbrevs entry! book number returned was: -1
Book: Daniel does not have a matching toupper abbrevs entry! book number returned was: -1
Book: Hosea does not have a matching toupper abbrevs entry! book number returned was: -1
Book: Joel does not have a matching toupper abbrevs entry! book number returned was: -1
Book: Amos does not have a matching toupper abbrevs entry! book number returned was: -1
Book: Obadiah does not have a matching toupper abbrevs entry! book number returned was: -1
Book: Jonah does not have a matching toupper abbrevs entry! book number returned was: -1
Book: Micah does not have a matching toupper abbrevs entry! book number returned was: -1
Book: Nahum does not have a matching toupper abbrevs entry! book number returned was: -1
Book: Habakkuk does not have a matching toupper abbrevs entry! book number returned was: -1
Book: Zephaniah does not have a matching toupper abbrevs entry! book number returned was: -1
Book: Haggai does not have a matching toupper abbrevs entry! book number returned was: -1
Book: Zechariah does not have a matching toupper abbrevs entry! book number returned was: -1
Book: Malachi does not have a matching toupper abbrevs entry! book number returned was: -1
Book: Matthew does not have a matching toupper abbrevs entry! book number returned was: -1
Book: Mark does not have a matching toupper abbrevs entry! book number returned was: -1
Book: Luke does not have a matching toupper abbrevs entry! book number returned was: -1
Book: John does not have a matching toupper abbrevs entry! book number returned was: -1
Book: Acts does not have a matching toupper abbrevs entry! book number returned was: -1
Book: Romans does not have a matching toupper abbrevs entry! book number returned was: -1
Book: I Corinthians does not have a matching toupper abbrevs entry! book number returned was: -1
Book: II Corinthians does not have a matching toupper abbrevs entry! book number returned was: -1
Book: Galatians does not have a matching toupper abbrevs entry! book number returned was: -1
Book: Ephesians does not have a matching toupper abbrevs entry! book number returned was: -1
Book: Philippians does not have a matching toupper abbrevs entry! book number returned was: -1
Book: Colossians does not have a matching toupper abbrevs entry! book number returned was: -1
Book: I Thessalonians does not have a matching toupper abbrevs entry! book number returned was: -1
Book: II Thessalonians does not have a matching toupper abbrevs entry! book number returned was: -1
Book: I Timothy does not have a matching toupper abbrevs entry! book number returned was: -1
Book: II Timothy does not have a matching toupper abbrevs entry! book number returned was: -1
Book: Titus does not have a matching toupper abbrevs entry! book number returned was: -1
Book: Philemon does not have a matching toupper abbrevs entry! book number returned was: -1
Book: Hebrews does not have a matching toupper abbrevs entry! book number returned was: -1
Book: James does not have a matching toupper abbrevs entry! book number returned was: -1
Book: I Peter does not have a matching toupper abbrevs entry! book number returned was: -1
Book: II Peter does not have a matching toupper abbrevs entry! book number returned was: -1
Book: I John does not have a matching toupper abbrevs entry! book number returned was: -1
Book: II John does not have a matching toupper abbrevs entry! book number returned was: -1
Book: III John does not have a matching toupper abbrevs entry! book number returned was: -1
Book: Jude does not have a matching toupper abbrevs entry! book number returned was: -1
Book: Revelation of John does not have a matching toupper abbrevs entry! book number returned was: -1

Also, at line 38,616 of the uncut version of the above quoted log, the
following appears: khtml (part): DONE: 85

I have uploaded a copy of the first 70 lines of this message.  When I
killed Bibletime, the complete log was over 3 1/2 megabytes!  The rest
of the log was, except for the first four lines quoted above, just the
above messages, repeated for every book of the Bible, over and over and
over and over again.

I don't know if this has anything to do with the modules dissapearing,
since the messages say nothing about books, lexicons or commentaries,
but I figured it is a problem none the less.

To sum up:
1. I started Bibletime from a terminal window.
2. The GUI started to load, but never quite finished.
3. While the GUI was trying to load, the above quoted messages just kept
scrolling by.  Genesis to Revelation, then it would start over again.
4. Also, Bibletime never actually started.

If you need it, I uploaded the first seventy lines of the terminal
output to the following location:
http://www.faith4miracle.org/bibletime-error.txt

In case it matters, here are some more details:
OS: Fedora Core 1, full installation (not an upgrade), every package
installed (1400+)
Updates: All official Fedora Core 1 updates are applied, including the
most recent Fedora Core 1 kernel update.
QT: Installed from official TrollTech tarball, version 3.3.1 (exact
filename: qt-x11-free-3.3.1.tar.bz2)
KDE: Installed from CVS.

I realize that it might seem that I'm living life on the edge,
installing QT from source, AND Kde from CVS, but I have had absolutely
no problems that I can attribute to going this direction.  In fact, a
few issues that I thought were KDE issues, turned out to be related to
what Fedora does to KDE.

If you have any questions for me, or have anything you would like me to
do, please let me know :)

Steven P. Ulrick