[bt-devel] Problem compiling CVS of Bibletime

Steven P. Ulrick bt-devel@crosswire.org
Fri, 26 Sep 2003 01:28:54 -0500

Hello, Everyone :)
When attempting to compile Bibletime from the latest CVS, I get the
following error:

make[4]: Entering directory
`/home/steve/CVS/bibletime/bibletime/frontend'
make[4]: *** No rule to make target `btinstallmgr.cpp', needed by
`btinstallmgr.o'.  Stop.
make[4]: Leaving directory
`/home/steve/CVS/bibletime/bibletime/frontend'
make[3]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make[3]: Leaving directory
`/home/steve/CVS/bibletime/bibletime/frontend'
make[2]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make[2]: Leaving directory `/home/steve/CVS/bibletime/bibletime'
make[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/steve/CVS/bibletime'
make: *** [all] Error 2

Until further notice, I am using the autotools and libtools compiled
from source, not from the Red Hat RPM's
As always, when I update/compile Bibletime, I run the following
commands:
make -f Makefile.cvs
./configure --prefix=/usr
make
su
make install

And before reporting this, as always, I ran "make distclean", and then
ran all of the above commands over again.  (Except of course, make
install.  If I had run that one, I wouldn't be reporting this, would I?
:))

Anyway,
Have a Great Day :)
Steven P. Ulrick