[bt-devel] PACKAGES: Mandrake and RedHat needed

Lamar Owen bt-devel@crosswire.org
Thu, 13 Nov 2003 16:07:41 -0500

On Thursday 13 November 2003 01:58 pm, Joachim Ansorg wrote:
> several users complained buggy RPMs. The Sword RPMs for mandrake and RedHat
> were configured with configure and not usrinst.sh so the modules can't be
> found in /usr/share/sword.

What is the difference between usrinst.sh and configure for this purpose?  I
built a set of sword RPMs and it found the modules in /usr/share/sword just
fine.

The install process in my specfile:
%install
mkdir -p $RPM_BUILD_ROOT/usr
mkdir -p $RPM_BUILD_ROOT/usr/bin
mkdir -p $RPM_BUILD_ROOT/etc
mkdir -p $RPM_BUILD_ROOT/usr/share/sword/mods.d
make DESTDIR=$RPM_BUILD_ROOT install
cat >$RPM_BUILD_ROOT/etc/sword.conf <<'EOF'
[Install]
DataPath=/usr/share/sword
EOF
cp samples/mods.d/globals.conf
$RPM_BUILD_ROOT/usr/share/sword/mods.d/globals.conf
cp -r locales.d $RPM_BUILD_ROOT/usr/share/sword

> So I'd be glad for any help to get working BT and Mandrake packages for
> 1.3. Does anybody on this list have the time and knowledge to do this?

I can upload the source RPM that could be fairly easily rebuilt on others.
--
Lamar Owen
WGCR Internet Radio