[bt-devel] bugs

Joachim Ansorg bt-devel@crosswire.org
Thu, 6 Mar 2003 15:27:22 +0100

Martin,
thank for the report.

> Joachim, the language stuff is still not 100% working. I think that I can
> configure only those languages in the Optionsdialog which have a long name,
> not those which only have an abbrev. That should be changed before the
> release.

Which languages are missing?
On my side there's no language name for pt_BR, which is not a valid language
abbrev according to the standards we use.
Are there any other languages which are missing? Please send me the abbrevs.

The abbrevs don't show up there because we don't have them in our internal
list of languages.

> My suggestion: change clanguagemgr to work without a defaultlanguage, which
> is empty. Never use that! Instead, when a language for an abbrev is
> requested, create a language object for it. The name should be the same as
> the abbrev, even though it is not a real name. availableLanugages must
> return all, also those where only the abbrev exists.

When language.name() or language.translatedName() return the same as
language.abbrev() this will cause troubles!

In the font chooser box there are only the languages listed which are return
by CLanguageMgr::availableLanguages().
We can't create languages on the fly, this would cause troubles later (I
think).

Joachim Ansorg
www.bibletime.info
joachim.ansorgs.de