[bt-devel] RH9 RPM....

Steven P. Ulrick bt-devel@crosswire.org
Wed, 25 Jun 2003 21:26:32 -0500

On Wed, 25 Jun 2003 20:46:04 -0400
Lamar Owen <lamar.owen@wgcr.org> wrote:

> On Wednesday 25 June 2003 20:41, Brad wrote:
> > Can anyone tell me if there is a Red Hat 9 RPM available for
> > Bibletime? Or if not is the source RPM available and I will attempt
> > to create one.
>
> The 1.2 series doesn't compile on RHL9, so we're waiting on 1.3
> release, which is waiting on Sword 1.5.6.  Steven Ulrick had did up a
> set of development RPMs for RHL9; I don't remember where he put them.
> --
> Lamar Owen
> WGCR Internet Radio
> 1 Peter 4:11

Hello, Everyone :)
The location of the RPM's I made is as follows:
http://www.faith4miracle.org/BibleTime_RPMS

You may find the spec file I used at the same location.  I got it from
"Krename", which is a batch renamer for KDE that I make the Red Hat 9
RPMS for.  I think I removed all references to "Krename"

I will warn you: if you will refer to a recent thread that I started on
the subject of dissapearing icons in BibleTime, I made the RPM's
apparently AFTER the problem with the icons started.  The only reason
that I thought the RPM I made was perfect, was because the icon must not
have gotten uninstalled when I uninstalled Bibletime from source code,
and installed the RPM.  I did learn that if you copy all the Bibletime
icons to the appropriate directories under "/usr/share/icons/hicolor",
then everything works flawlessly :)

On the subject of the dissapearing icons, since I haven't heard anything
about that issue in a while, I thought I'd put in my two cents worth:
When I ran "make install" in "bibletime/bibletime/pics" (this was on a
fresh copy from the CVS, and a Brand New full installation of Red Hat 9.
 Every Package, as I always do), I got nothing but a lot of "Nothing to
be done for"'s  So my thought is, assuming the problem isn't on my end,
that the "bug(?)" crept into the source code sometime before I made my
RPM, and sometime after the last time the icons got installed in the
correct location.  So when I installed the RPM, which has no icons in
it, the icons were still there, because there was nothing in the RPM to
overwrite them.

Have a Great Day :)
Steven P. Ulrick