[bt-devel] SPEC updates

Joachim Ansorg bt-devel@crosswire.org
Sun, 22 Jun 2003 15:10:32 +0200

--Boundary-02=_Ira9+j7HWp9XV0/

Dear RPM packagers (Stephen, Brook, Lamar),
I cleaned up the SPEC file a bit.

I have some questions.
What do you think, should we  link to a seperate sword package or should we=
=20
staticaly link to sword?  Linking to a Sword package would require some mor=
e=20
packaging work, but I think it's worth it so users know what they need.=20
Included Sword often confused users.

I took some of the suggestions of Stephen into the SPEC file. E.g. includin=
g=20
/etc/opt/kde3/common_options is a good idea. No need any more to handle SuS=
E=20
etc. in a special way. I also removed the Mandrake stuff from the main SPEC=
=20
file because this is done in mandrake/ in the SOURCE package.

Let me know what you think or if you have suggestiond and criticism. You kn=
ow,=20
I'm not so good in SPEC files.

Thanks,
Joachim