[bt-devel] Dissapearing Icons in Bibletime CVS

Steven P. Ulrick bt-devel@crosswire.org
Sat, 21 Jun 2003 22:30:55 -0500

On Sat, 21 Jun 2003 21:35:56 +0200
Martin Gruner <mg.pub@gmx.net> wrote:

> > I just tried what you said, and I have some good new and some bad
> > news: the good news is, I found the icons :)
> > The bad news is where I found them:
> > /usr/share/doc/HTML/en/bibletime/handbook
>
> Now that is the right place for the handbook icons to go. How about
> the UI icons. Did they all go there?

Well, I can't really tell, because all of the icons from
bibletime/pics/32x32 APPEAR to be there, but if those same icons appear
somewhere in the Bibletime Handbook, then that would be a reason for
them to be there :)

> You can use kpackage to examine the contents of a rpm file and see its
>
> contents, in case you don't already know.

I had forgotten that, but I tried opening a Bibletime RPM that someone
made for Red Hat 8 and I found out where the Bibletime icons are located
under Red Hat 8: "/usr/share/icons/hicolor"
So I tried manually copying the icons from my build of the Bibletime CVS
to the appropriate locations, with the result that I now have all of my
icons back :)  But the question still remains, why was it that after
this latest, full installation of Red Hat 9, are the icons not going
where they are supposed to?  After checking the RPM I made from the
Bibletime CVS for Red Hat 9, I discovered that the icons were not in
that RPM, either.  Which leads me to believe that somethings wrong on my
end.  I think the only reason my homemade RPM worked, (as far as the
icons were concerned), was because the icons were in the correct
location to begin with, (from my installation from the CVS of
Bibletime), and the RPM just didn't overwrite them.
So I'm still wondering, why do the icons remain completely uninstalled,
even when I installed from the CVS?  Which brings up a point I need to
clarify: after I reinstalled Red Hat 9, I did not install the Bibletime
or Sword RPM's I made from the CVS.  I installed from the CVS build.
In conclusion, based on my experience with you gentlemen in the past,
that we will figure this out :)  Then we will be able to help someone
else, if it ever happens again.

One more thing: when I first had the problem, it was before I
reinstalled the official Red Hat updates.  I have now installed the Red
Hat updates, ran "make distclean" and all the rest, and it did not make
the icons reappear.  The icons did not return until I manually copied
them to "/usr/share/icons/hicolor"

Well, I'll keep at it on my end, and I'll let you know if I find out
anything else :)
Steven P. Ulrick