[bt-devel] Problems updating/compiling CVS of Bibletime

Steven P. Ulrick bt-devel@crosswire.org
Sat, 21 Jun 2003 19:25:21 -0500

On Sat, 21 Jun 2003 19:25:26 -0400
Fred Saalbach <saalbach@assure.net> wrote:

> *This message was transferred with a trial version of CommuniGate(tm)
> Pro*
>
> I just ran an update with cervisa using the same command string that
> Steve did with no problem.  I have seen this message before, I think
> it was a problem with my setup.
>
> Fred Saalbach

Hello, Everyone :)
I found this information on the "Site Status" page on Sourceforge.net
I suspect that it is the answer to the question that I asked is the
original message in this thread:

(2003-06-19 04:50:08)   Developer CVS performance (via SSH) has
stabilized at a reasonable level. pserver-based CVS access continues to
be served off of the CVS backup server. As of the morning of 2003-06-19,
the connection count for pserver connections has been raised as to
permit a larger volume of pserver connections at a time (this connection
cap exists to help us balance the volume of pserver connections at peak
times with the performance of those connections). pserver-based
repository access from the project shell server will continue to operate
as stated in our previous update (against data on the primary CVS
server).

Users encountering the connection cap (please note that this ONLY
applies to pserver-based CVS access and DOES NOT deal with SSH-based CVS
access) will receive either a recv() error or an "end of file from
server" error. Users encountering this cap should wait a few minutes,
then retry their connection. The increased connection cap established on
2003-06-19 is expected to alleviate most of these issues.

I have had a few successful connections myself.  I've even connected the
first time once or twice :)

Steven P. Ulrick