[bt-devel] Problem compiling CVS of Bibletime

Steven P. Ulrick bt-devel@crosswire.org
Thu, 3 Jul 2003 03:20:48 -0500

On Sun, 29 Jun 2003 03:02:16 -0500
"Steven P. Ulrick" <spu@faith4miracle.org> wrote:

> On Sat, 28 Jun 2003 16:18:34 +0200
> Joachim Ansorg <junkmail@joachim.ansorgs.de> wrote:

> > Stephen.
> > please try to update CVS again..
> > I committed a fix for this today.
> >
> > Joachim

Hello, Joachim :)
I finally got Bibletime to updated from the CVS.  I ran my usual
commands:
1. make -f Makefile.cvs
2. ./configure --prefix=/usr
3. make
4. su
5. make install

Before I did this, I removed the icons that I had manually placed in the
correct location.  The reason I manually placed them there was so that I
would not be without icons :)  Unfortunately, the problem is still the
same as before.
Like Martin suggested the last time, I ran "make" in bibletime/pics.
Here is the result:

Making all in 16x16
make[1]: Entering directory `/home/steve/CVS/bibletime/bibletime/pics/16x16'
make[1]: Nothing to be done for `all'.
make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/steve/CVS/bibletime/bibletime/pics/16x16'
Making all in 22x22
make[1]: Entering directory `/home/steve/CVS/bibletime/bibletime/pics/22x22'
make[1]: Nothing to be done for `all'.
make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/steve/CVS/bibletime/bibletime/pics/22x22'
Making all in 32x32
make[1]: Entering directory `/home/steve/CVS/bibletime/bibletime/pics/32x32'
make[1]: Nothing to be done for `all'.
make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/steve/CVS/bibletime/bibletime/pics/32x32'
Making all in 48x48
make[1]: Entering directory `/home/steve/CVS/bibletime/bibletime/pics/48x48'
make[1]: Nothing to be done for `all'.
make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/steve/CVS/bibletime/bibletime/pics/48x48'
Making all in 64x64
make[1]: Entering directory `/home/steve/CVS/bibletime/bibletime/pics/64x64'
make[1]: Nothing to be done for `all'.
make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/steve/CVS/bibletime/bibletime/pics/64x64'
Making all in .
make[1]: Entering directory `/home/steve/CVS/bibletime/bibletime/pics'
make[1]: Nothing to be done for `all-am'.
make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/steve/CVS/bibletime/bibletime/pics'

I think this is almost exactly the result that I had before. One thing I
would like to remind you of, is that when I checked the RPM that I had
made for Red Hat 9 of the CVS of Bibletime, it had no icons in it.  I
know for a fact that there were icons in the source code that I made the
RPM from.  To prove that, if you were to look at the SRPM that was made
at the same time as the RPM, guess what?  The icons are exactly where
they belong! I just started an experiment: I am now running rpmbuild
--rebuild on the source RPM that I made for Bibletime.  During the part
where it prints a list of all the files that are going into the RPM, I
observed that all the icons seem to be exactly where they belong. In
closing, I had been getting kind of suspicious, and I was suspecting
that the fault was on my end, but then why would the output of "make" in
the bibletime/pics directory be like it is?  Unless there's something
wrong with the "make" command on my machine?

Anyway, I will continue to update and rebuilding, and I trust that we
will figure this out :)  In the meantime, I'll just put my Bibletime
icons back where they belong :)

Steven P. Ulrick