[bt-devel] Bibeltime beta 4 bugs

Lamar Owen bt-devel@crosswire.org
Thu, 23 Jan 2003 00:08:34 -0500

On Wednesday 22 January 2003 23:50, Brook Humphrey wrote:
> On Wednesday 22 January 2003 07:34 pm, Lamar Owen wrote:
> > FWIW Webster's has always loaded slow in Bibletime, not just in the beta.
> > What are we doing differently than the others?

> I know it has but it was slower than normal with my beta4 build. usaully it
> only take 30 seconds or so. I dont belive my system is to blaim. It's
> xp1700 with 512 megs ddr333 ram. The hard drive is an ata 133 80 gig. So
> anyway I dont think that is the issue.

On my Athlon4 1.2G notebook (512MB PC100CL2 RAM, typical slow 30GB ATA100
notebook drive -- hdparm -t gives a paltry ~20Mbps), Websters loads in ~15-20
seconds.  Under beta4, Red Hat 8.0, stock updated Red Hat kernel, stock KDE
(updated).

> On A side note I'll have and updatred spec in cvs soon I just used it to
> build the version of bibletime I'm using now. It's much more automatic.

Good.  Does the automation still involve configure, or is it in a more
spec-centric mode?
--
Lamar Owen
WGCR Internet Radio