[bt-devel] Rpm's on sourceforge

Martin Gruner bt-devel@crosswire.org
Wed, 22 Jan 2003 15:53:03 +0000

Brook,

> Well that is mandrakes packaging policy they require all the libs to be in
> separate packages. So I do it this way for correctness.

Thanks for moving the sword files to the right package. When I first
downloaded one of your files, sourceforge gives me a "could not read file"
error. After selecting another mirror it worked well.
I just noticed that your libsword1 (1.5.5) package has a libsword.so.1.5.4
file in it, is that correct?

> That was my thinking also but we are so close and yet it seems so far to
> me. I really wish I knew c++ but I'm really to busy to learn it. So I did
> the next best thing I packaged the modules.

Well, we'll have a small "Sword" meeting here at the end of February, and will
hopefully implement the necessary stuff in sword then, so that BibleTime's
SetupWizard should be running a few weeks later, if God wants it and we live.

Martin