[bt-devel] beta4 hangs on mouse over the module list

Fred Laxton bt-devel@crosswire.org
Mon, 20 Jan 2003 02:21:27 -0500

I installed beta4 with Sword 1.5.5, and still have an issue with the
yellow popup shading when you hover the mouse over the modules in the
book list or other lists on the left.

On my Mandrake 9.0 box (GCC 3.2), if I leave the mouse there without
clicking, a blank large, wide yellow shaded area pops up (with no text
in it), and BibleTime hangs.

This doesn't happen on Yellow Dog Linux 2.3, with the same versions of
BibleTime and Sword.  YDL uses GCC 2.95.

Sometimes it works okay on Mandrake 9.0 and shows a popup yellow box
describing the module - other times it hangs BibleTime.  I can't seem to
see a pattern. I was having this same issue on earlier betas, but was
hoping it had been fixed.

If there's something I can do to supply more info, I'll be glad to do
so.  I'm a programmer too, but not in C/C++, so I would need detailed
instructions, or point me to instructions on your website for debugging,
etc.

Otherwise, BibleTime is really looking good.  I downloaded the entire
set of modules from The Sword Project, so it is awesome how much
information is available for Bible study now.

Actually, I think I see the problem pattern now:

On the first mouse hover over a name, the yellow popup box works and
shows module info.  On the *second* mouse hover, an empty yellow box
pops up and BibleTime hangs...

HTH,

Fred