[bt-devel] question for 1.3final

Lamar Owen bt-devel@crosswire.org
Thu, 16 Jan 2003 18:45:24 -0500

On Thursday 16 January 2003 05:03, Martin Gruner wrote:
> Should we stop compiling in sword statically and start relying on an
> existing sword installation on the user system? I think this is the cleaner
> and more appropriate approach, and will simlify the creation of our
> packages.

> If we decide so, we need to ask the sword team to provide official binary
> packages.
> What do you think?

FWIW, in order to build the SRPM I'm building SWORD RPMs already.  I can do
this, with the upload either to bibletime sourceforge downloads or to sword's
downloads.

Is there interest in RPM's for this latest beta?  I'm going to be snowed in
tomorrow (well, I'm already snowed in, but can't do it right now), so if
power and telephone hold up I can build them tomorrow for Red Hat 8.0.  Stock
RedHat 8.0 + updates.
--
Lamar Owen
WGCR Internet Radio