[bt-devel] A belated thank you for an excellent feature enhancement :)

Steven P. Ulrick bt-devel@crosswire.org
Sun, 23 Feb 2003 02:10:42 -0600

Hello, everyone :)
I've finally gotten around to publicly thanking all responsible
individuals for the new way that tooltips are displayed :)  I had
neglected to report my thoughts on the fact that, until someone totally
revolutionized the tooltips, I thought it was a little much that
whenever the cursor hovered over an item that produced a tooltip, that
the entire entry represented would occur in a sometimes very large box.
But when I was using BibleTime recently, and saw that all the tooltips
in the modules were the same size, and not only that, but a scroll bar
was added so that the entire entry could be easily utilized, I was
extremely thrilled :)  Thanks again for the great job on the tooltips :)

On that thought, could the same thing be done for the tooltips that pop
up when you hover over the name of a module?  They aren't nearly as big
as some of the tooltips used to be within the modules, but since some of
the modules don't have a lot of information in the tooltip box, maybe
the size could be reduced, and the option for a vertical scrollbar added
in such a way that it would only appear when the quantity of information
exceeded the size of the box.  Also on the subject of tootips, could the
ability to turn tooltips on or off be added?  There are sometimes it
would be cool to have them completely off.

One more thing: In the work that I use BibleTime for, I copy a LOT of
complete chapters.  Would it be possible to add a keyboard shortcut to
copy complete chapters, instead of having to right click | copy |
chapter all the time?  Sometimes I could actually use the ability to
copy an entire book, but that's PROBABLY :) asking too much :)

If you would prefer that I resubmit this after the next full release of
BibleTime is release, please let me know and I would be glad to re-send
it.

Steven P. Ulrick