[bt-devel] David: Need your help with namespaces

Joachim Ansorg bt-devel@crosswire.org
Fri, 21 Feb 2003 16:21:24 +0100

David,
I need your help once again.

Do you remember the thing with the namespaces to organize our resources like
tooltips and whatsthis help string?

The .cpp file looks like this:

namespace CResMgr {
  namespace mainMenu { //Main menu
    namespace file { //Main menu->File
      namespace clearQueue {
        const QString tooltip    = makeToolTip( i18n("Clear print queue") );
        const QString whatsthis  = makeWhatsThis( tooltip, i18n("Clear the
print queue of BibleTime.") );
      }
}

The i18n functions are KDE's functions to translate the strings into the
selected locale.

But all strings appear in english although german is selected.
Is it possible that the i18n() functions are called before KDE libs and
members are initialized? If this is the case the language is not yet set in
KDE and we'd get english back.

Is this true? Is there a way to initialize the namespaces after KDE is
initialized? This would help a lot.
If this is impossible, do you have an idea what I could do instad on the
namespaces?

Thank you for you time, David!
Joachim Ansorg
www.bibletime.info