[bt-devel] Problem with Restoring windows from last session

Steven P. Ulrick bt-devel@crosswire.org
Fri, 14 Feb 2003 08:23:12 -0600

Hello, Joachim :)

On Fri, 14 Feb 2003 13:17:00 +0100
Joachim Ansorg <joachim@ansorgs.de> wrote:
> Hi!
>
> Thank you for the report!
> On my side it works. We had some changes with the session management,
> that's why a CVS update should solve this.

I updated my copy of the CVS of BibleTime a few minutes ago, and I still
have the problem that I referred to in my original message on this
subject.

> I have another question. Could you please test something for me?
> I'm using KDE 3.1 now and had to fix some things which worked wih KDE
> 3.0 but don't work with 3.1. For example loading of sessions using KDE
> 3.1 disabled auto-tile after a session was loaded from the menu. I
> fixed this but I'm not sure if it still works in 3.0.
>
> If you use KDE 3.0 you could help me here.
> Please open some windows with auto tile enabled. Save them as new
> session and choose close all now. Load the saved session from the menu
> and check if auto tle still works (try resizing the main window a
> bit). Now DON'T close the opened windows and load the saved session
> again from the menu. Please check if auto tile still works.

Yes, I still have KDE 3.0.3, and I consider it a pleasure to "loan you
my boat" as it were, to help you :)
I followed your instructions a couple of times just to make sure I
didn't misunderstand what you wanted me to do, with the following
result:

The windows tiled fine, then I chose to save them as a new session from
the menu, entered a name, and clicked ok.  Up to this point things seem
to be going smoothly.  Then I closed all and attempted to load the saved
session from the menu.  This is where the problem lies :(  When I place
my cursor on "Load Session", there are no sessions there to load.  There
is a little rectangular box where I assume any saved sessions are
supposed to be listed, but it's empty.

As far as everything in your instructions AFTER "Load the saved session
from the menu.....", of course I couldn't check that, because I couldn't
reload the sessions that I thought I had saved.

> I'd be glad if you could test this (if you have KDE 3 installed).

If I got confused (I don't think I did, but I'll let you be the judge),
feel free to contact me again with further instructions, and I will be
glad to be of service :)  I'm on vacation until next Saturday, so
chances are that it won't be long before I respond to any requests you
may have of me :)

Well, I need to run a few errands, and do a little work around the
house, so I must be going.  Hopefully, my cd's of Slackware 8.1 will
arrive soon :)  I'm sure they'll arrive before I have to go back to work
:)

Have a Great Day :)
Steven P. Ulrick

P.S.: Please see Luke 5:1-11 to clarify what I meant about "loaning you
my boad"  Of course, in this case, the "boat" is me, and my computer :)
I expect the results will be the same for me as they were for Peter :)