[bt-devel] make system changed - again ;)

Martin Gruner bt-devel@crosswire.org
Tue, 4 Feb 2003 20:24:37 +0100

Hey all,

I just started a major change in our directory structure.
As I was talking with Joachim on the phone today we decided to merge all the
translation languages into one cvs module, bibletime-i18n().

The main reason was that if we released all languages separately (as it was
before), we would end up with countless source and binary packages for them,
and users would no longer understand what's going on. Now we can release the
translations still separately, andd if new translations are added we can just
re-release the entire bibletime-i18n package. It will probably not grow too
fat.

Just look into bibletime-i18n to see how the directories work. For now I only
moved the "de" stuff over. bibletime/maintenance/gen_am.sh and gen_am.dat
were modified for this purpose, and afaik the system already works again --
make install worked flawlessly here. Please report any issues you experience.

We should now move all the important contents from the various
bibletime-i18n-xx directories. If you do so, please empty the respective
directory after the transition.

Martin