[bt-devel] Problems with RedHat 8.0?

Lamar Owen bt-devel@crosswire.org
Fri, 31 Jan 2003 19:37:39 -0500

On Thursday 30 January 2003 22:15, Klaus R. H. Walther wrote:
> Am Freitag, 31. Januar 2003 00:08 schrieb Lamar Owen:
> > [missing libkdeprint.so]
> > Their KDE installation is badly broken:

> That does not need do be the problem.
> KDE 3 does not need the libkdeprint.so any more.

RedHat's kdelibs-3.0.3 includes it.  My system doesn't have the compatibility
libs installed.  My system was the one used to build those RPMs,
incidentally.

> You only need the compatibility libraries (and libkdeprint) for using KDE
> 2.2.x - applications (or something simular). In most cases you will install
> the compatibility libraries, but RedHat 8.0 does not seem to do this on
> standard.

No, RH8 doesn't include the KDE2 compat stuff by default.  However, on my Red
Hat 8.0 (updated) system (and KDE was one of the packages updated, by the
way) libkdeprint belongs to the main KDE3 libs package (kdelibs).  Maybe the
older KDE3 stuff Red Hat shipped didn't have libkdeprint included, but the
updates do?
--
Lamar Owen
WGCR Internet Radio