[bt-devel] Can I make Red Hat 9 RPM's for Bibletime 1.3?

Steven P. Ulrick bt-devel@crosswire.org
Sun, 27 Apr 2003 01:04:39 -0500

Hello, Joachim :)
First of all, I need to mention something that I have been forgetting to
mention: ever since I've upgraded to Red Hat 9, Sword and Bibletime have
compiled and installed perfectly (except one time :))
Anyway, on to the subject of this message: would you like me to make Red
Hat 9 RPM's for Bibletime 1.3?  I have been making Red Hat 9 RPM's for
Krename for a couple of weeks now, with great success (they seem to be
very poular.  Right below the Source code and the SRPM of Krename)  My
main, potential, problem would have to do with the Spec file.  As long
as the Spec file is in order, I should be able to do the job.  If I can
get a tarball of 1.3 before the release, that would be preferrable, as
I've tried (without success) experimenting making RPM's of Bibletime
from the instructions that come with the CVS version of Bibletime.
Please let me know whether you would like me to do this for you :)
Of course, I'll do both bibletime and bibletime-doc, if you like :)

Thanks again for the honor of working with you on this project :)
Steven P. Ulrick

P.S.: Almost forgot: one side effect of running Sword and Bibletime on
Red Hat 9, is that the Hebrew and Greek charecters in the BDB and
Thayer's modules all display perfectly.  Using exactly the same font on
Red Hat 8, I could only MAYBE get the Greek charecters to display.